Acne: How Can I Use Light Sphere to Treat It?
Dealing with acne is a really hard task. Not only because of how difficult it is to control, but because of the impact it can have on your confidence and social life. Since all skin is different it can become complicated to treat this skin condition. However, there are some things that can be used by everyone and one of those is our Light Sphere with its LED Light Therapy.
LED Light therapy has different benefits depending on the light color that is being used. For acne, the most beneficial colors to use are:
- Blue LED Light: This light has been proved to act as an anti-bacterial agent that has the ability to kill acne-causing bacteria. It also acts as a sebum regulator as it helps to stabilize the oil glands, and has the ability to soothe inflammation as well.
- Green LED Light: This light has a calming effect on the skin that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. This light can help to soothe irritated skin and reduce inflammation.
Even though the LED Light Therapy of our Light Sphere is an effective therapy to treat acne by itself, there are different products that can help with this skin condition in conjunction with your Light Sphere:
- Salicylic Acid: Apply your salicylic acid products and continue with your routine as you would normally. At the end of your routine before your skin is dry, start massaging with your Light Sphere in the LED light mode.
- Retinol: Retinol is a well-studied ingredient when it comes to treating acne. To use your Light Sphere while using this active ingredient, make sure to massage first with your Light Sphere in the LED mode, either with the red or green light and then apply your retinol serum and continue with your normal routine.
- Hydrators and Moisturizers: Even if your skin is oily and acne-prone, it is important to use a hydrator and/or moisturizer to make sure your skin barrier is strong. Apply your moisturizer and before it gets absorbed start massaging with your Light Sphere with the green LED light to soothe and calm the skin.
Light Sphere is a fantastic addition to your routine as it will help to treat the condition you are dealing with in an effective but gentle way. However, if you are in the middle of a treatment, always make sure to consult with your dermatologist or aesthetician about your routine.